The word “cabinet” doesn’t exactly connotate technical innovation–but perhaps it should. After all, we’re living in the technology age so why aren’t your cabinets? Below, you’ll find 5 of the smartest solutions for your cabinets and where you can go to get in on the action.
|5. LED Lighting
You want an easy way to brighten those countertops, and we hear you! You want to brighten your dark drawers, we hear you even louder! Turn to LED lighting to illuminate every area of your kitchen. Many cabinet companies are manufacturing LED lighting ready solutions with pre-drilled and routed mounting locations for fixtures and wires. LED lighting is also an easy retrofit as well. There are a variety of styles to choose from and they’re all available at your professional cabinet hardware dealers.
|4. Drawer Organizers
Keep your stuff stored with style. Drawer organizers come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are designed to keep your clutter more organized. Out of control spice drawer? They have an organizer for that. Lots of charging cords and headphone sets mixed together? There’s a drawer organizer for that too!
|3. Blum Servo-Drive
Do you ever wish you had an electrical opening support system for your cabinets and drawers? Doors and drawers that open automatically with just a light touch or a gentle pull of the handle? Check out Blum (pronounced bloom) self-opening cabinets and drawers, for an elegant must have addition to your kitchen or bathroom.
Stacking and scratching your precious pots and pans is annoying. Plus, the one pot or pan you need ALWAYS seems to be on the bottom of the pile. Quit stacking and start organizing with Glideware. These products will not only revolutionize your cabinet space, they’ll also make every single cook in your life jealous.
*This will be available to order: May 2, 2016.
|1. Docking Drawer Power Outlets
Is technological clutter overtaking your counter tops? Why not de-clutter with an in-drawer power outlet? Until Docking Drawer, there was not a safe way to install an outlet inside a cabinet or drawer. Now there is a purpose built solution that is listed to the UL 962.a standard. Passing inspections is a snap with long lasting and reliable in-drawer electrical outlets (plus new eye-catching outlet covers in multiple colors) by Docking Drawer.
About Docking Drawer
Docking Drawer is the in-drawer electrical outlet market leader offering a full array of ETL Listed solutions charging and powering today’s connected lifestyle. Our simple-to-specify outlets offer a safe and reliable way to add movable outlets inside drawers to keep your home and business organized. With a variety of charge and power applications, Docking Drawer can be installed in kitchens, baths, closets, or professional locker rooms and medical facilities providing an innovative and functional power source with a clutter-free aesthetic.
To learn more about Docking Drawer, check out their website: http://www.dockingdrawer.com/
Wellborn offers several accessories for your drawers, to learn more about each option, check out Wellborn Cabinet’s website at https://www.wellborn.com/
As a designer there is no greater feeling than a homeowner using and loving their new kitchen that you helped create… your collective vision came to life… but the worst feeling is a lovely kitchen that is not user-friendly and does not function to its fullest potential.
Islands can be used for so many functions in the kitchen… as stand alone activities or as the hub of the entire kitchen… Some of these activities are:
to house appliances of all kinds
prepping and clean up zones
storage… lots of storage
eating – entertainment zones
and other various zone combinations.
To plan your perfect island in your kitchen consider the following:
1. Space: Make sure you have enough space to properly use the island & function in your kitchen. Make sure your work zones and walkways are space sufficient.
2. Style: The island is a wonderful place to add that “pop of color”, add a different door style to create a furniture feel or that unique “design element” you have been wanting to incorporate into your home.
3. Budget: The wonderful thing about islands is that they can be very economical… a few cabinets and / or table legs and you have a wonderful work space – eating space in one.
2. Make sure your designer adheres to NKBA’s Kitchen Planning Guidelines to help you create a safe, effective and efficient space. These guidelines address space planning, appliance placement, seating and much more.
One of the most challenging tasks when planning a kitchen or bath is deciding your actual style. With all the different media outlets – online, print and television such as (Houzz, Pinterest, Southern Living, Coastal Living, HGTV, DIY, etc.) you can quickly become confused about what you truly want for your home.
In the past a physical scrapbook or project notebook was the way you could share with your designer, builder or contractor your ideas to help them understand your wants and needs – while this practice is still the norm – the majority of people have moved their project notebooks online in some format to be shared digitally to all involved in your project.
So let’s explore some of the tools that you can use to collect, display and share your style!
1. We offer My Scrapbook on our website – The scrapbook allows you to keep product ideas in a central location, and organize your thoughts, and send them on to your Wellborn Cabinet Dealer.
2. The Inspire App is a great way to quickly and simply organize your style and bring in your own elements then share with your Wellborn Dealer or Designer.
3. Pinterest Need I say more! If you have never seen or used Pinterest beware it can be habit-forming….. from food to fitness….. design to diet …… it has everything. It is an excellent tool to help you learn your style and categorize your design needs and wants.
4. Houzz is currently the #1 platform for all things residential; new construction, remodeling and decorating – interior and exterior of the home. A great tool to organize your style & also a great place to find the professionals to make your dreams come to life!
So there’s just a few of the awesome online tools you can use to start your Kitchen & Bath Planning today!
Notebook Image From: Courtney Lane Michaels