The Accent Color Program provides simple matching of cabinet finishes to other items in your room. This program allows you to create a cohesive design throughout your space.
Working with Sherwin-Williams, we have established a program providing easy access to stains, stains with glazes, paints and paints with glazes that coordinate with the full Wellborn Cabinet palette of standard finishes. These accent finishes are ideal for applying to items such as furniture, moulding, trim and more- all to harmonize appearances across any room. With over 3,300 retail locations across North America, you can easily find a Sherwin-Williams store near you.
in collaboration with
How the Accent Color Program Works:
- Take a Wellborn Cabinet door to your local Sherwin-Williams store, identifying the Wellborn Cabinet finish name and color. Each Sherwin-Williams store has our finish information in their system and is ready to get started on the development of your finish.
- Bring a sample of the wood material that you plan to finish, whether a stool, wainscoting sample, or other substrate sample. It is recommended that you use the same wood species as the door you are attempting to complement.
- Work with your Sherwin-Williams associate to complete an in-store test with the finish on your wood, confirming color, sheen, and appearance. Be sure your products meet your appearance expectations before you leave the store.
- Finishes chosen through Wellborn Cabinet’s ColorInspire program are not a part of our standard finishes. Check with Sherwin-Williams on matching options.
- Application steps for finishes and paints can be found here: Accent Color Application.
Find a Sherwin-Williams location in your area.
Attention Sherwin-Williams Representatives
To access the full listing of Wellborn Cabinet's color formulas and finishing steps instructions:
- Log onto "Source" through the store computer. Select the "Marketing" tab at the top of the screen.
- Select "National Accounts" tab, then click on the "National and Specification Account List" (opens in new window).
- Select "W", then select the "Wellborn Cabinets" link for needed information.
The products and product systems available as a part of this Accent Color Program are designed to coordinate as much as possible in color and style with the finish of your cabinets. Natural variations in the color and graining of different wood species and materials, and variations in sanding, staining, and finishing techniques undoubtedly result in differences in the final color and finish appearance. We recommend that all stains be tested by the purchaser before application to confirm appearance. The Sherwin-Williams products used as a part of the Accent Color Program are user-friendly waterbased finishes designed for brush application, which will naturally result in appearance differences relative to the complex, multi-step sprayed system of the finished cabinetry. Color can also influence the apparent sheen of the finish. The Accent Color Program products are available in three sheen levels - Matte, Satin and Semi Gloss. Work with your Sherwin-Williams representative to ensure the best color and sheen combination. The Accent Color Program and related products available through Sherwin-Williams are not included in the Wellborn Cabinet warranty program. Wellborn Cabinet is not responsible for execution of the Accent Color Program through Sherwin-Williams stores.
For more specifics on the Accent Color Program, please contact Sherwin-Williams at (205) 252-2792