When it comes to kitchen cabinet door ideas, the options are nearly endless. To help you find kitchen cabinet doors perfect for your home, we've compiled a list of designs for cabinet doors. From various door styles and colors to hardware, accents and finishes that will complete the look of any kitchen — we have everything you need to start your dream kitchen design.
Here are a few popular cabinet door design ideas you can use to execute the look you've envisioned for your kitchen:
1. Door Style
When deciding which kitchen cabinet door would suit your kitchen and blend with the rest of your home, consider the available styles:
Raised panel doors have raised centers that create a three-dimensional effect. This unique style emphasizes the beauty of woodgrains and is ideal for vertical and horizontal grains to really make your kitchen pop. You can also have them painted and enjoy the same aesthetic value. Raised-panel doors provide a rustic appeal that many homeowners admire, but these doors may not be as easy to clean and paint as doors with fewer panels.
Slab-style doors are perfect if you're looking for a clean, trendy cabinet door design. These doors are exactly what their name suggests: flat. They lack contours and create a seamless appearance throughout your kitchen. They have a continuous, uninterrupted flow and are manufactured using fiberboard, melamine, laminate, cherry, maple or oak. Their minimalistic nature makes them easy to clean, and they can be painted quite easily.
Like raised-panel cabinet doors, recessed doors have a center panel. However, these panels go inward rather than protruding outward. They have a simple and classic look and can come in many beautiful and elaborate styles. You can also choose between many stains, colors and materials, including Aqua Granite on Maple and Castle Charcoal on Cherry.
These doors are elegant and charming, with an arched middle panel. Made from cherry, maple, hickory or oak and available in a wide variety of stains and paint colors, these doors are the perfect choice if you want a classic look with a bit of a twist. For example, you can choose a Saddle Java finish on Hickory wood for a natural look, or add a pop of color with Bleu paint on Maple wood. Whatever cupboard door ideas you've got in mind for your classic kitchen, these doors offer an amazing solution.
Cabinet doors with square center panels are timeless and come in an array of sizes and styles. Square-style cabinet doors come in many materials including metal, wood, fiberboard and melamine and are versatile enough to fit in with most kitchen designs. Whether you're going for a contemporary or conventional look, these doors can be customized accordingly.
The color of your cabinet doors can significantly impact the look of your kitchen. The style of your kitchen will likely influence the cabinet color you choose:
- Traditional: A traditional kitchen looks best with neutral-colored cabinets. White cabinets may be the way to go if you want to preserve an elegant atmosphere. Plus, white is the perfect base for any color scheme, so you can experiment with colors elsewhere in your kitchen if desired. Navy cabinets also look beautiful in a traditional kitchen.
- Modern: Modern kitchens could benefit from bold kitchen cabinets. If you have a modern kitchen, you may consider black kitchen cabinets. Black cabinets look great in an otherwise white kitchen and when paired with other dark tones.
- Rustic: Soft earth tones can enhance a rustic kitchen. You may choose light brown cabinets to coordinate with the organic materials already present in your kitchen.
- Vintage: If you're looking for unique cabinet doors, pastel shades like blue, green, yellow or orange look stunning in a vintage kitchen. These colors can evoke joy in your kitchen and brighten up the space. You may also use bold colors like red or bright blue to make your kitchen extra quirky.
Other considerations for the color of your cabinet doors include the color of your walls and the mood you want to create. For example, yellow cabinets can create a joyful atmosphere, while black cabinets make your kitchen feel more luxurious.
Kitchen cabinet finishing is vital to achieving a clean, professional and tailored look. Finishes like paints, glazes and stains can help you achieve the perfect result:
- Paints: A paint finish is a good option if you're trying to achieve a matte look. Maple, oak and fiberboard are ideal for this.
- Paints with a glaze: Adding a glaze to your paint will leave a glossy, eye-catching shine. Maple, oak and fiberboard are also perfect materials for this technique.
- Stains: Stains are versatile and can be used on cherry, maple, oak and hickory wood to deliver a natural wood-stained look.
- Stains with a glaze: Stains with a glaze bring out the natural color of wood to make it stand out in high definition.
Specific finishing techniques can also be applied to give your cabinets an Antique, Olde World, Vintage or Heirloom look.
From glass door kitchen cabinets to metal cabinet doors, consider these accent ideas:
- Glass cabinet doors: Glass front cabinets are perfect for kitchens and dining rooms since they allow you to display items like crockery, glass and crystal. Choose between clear, colored or frosted glass to customize the level of opaqueness. You'll find that the glass cabinet doors create an illusion of having more space in your kitchen, especially if you opt for light-colored cabinets.
- Metal cabinet doors: Metal doors add a cool and cosmopolitan edge to any kitchen.
- Mullion cabinet doors: These diamond and triangular-shaped gems nestled within glass frames are visually appealing. They bear nostalgic memories with their rustic, vintage nuances.
5. Cabinet Hardware
Besides finishes, other stationary and moveable parts like knobs, pulls and hinges provide the best of form and functionality. These features add that personal touch that sets your cabinets apart from everyone else's:
- Knobs and pulls: With a large variety of knobs and pulls in different shapes, styles and materials, you have many options for your kitchen. You can make your kitchen cabinets stand out with these attachments.
- Barrel and concealed hinges: Barrel and concealed hinges help your cabinet doors and drawers to slide, open and close smoothly.
Find More Ideas for Cabinet Doors With Wellborn Cabinet
The sky is the limit with Wellborn Cabinet, Inc. We are proud to provide unparalleled service and breathtaking designs for all of our clients. Our heirloom quality products are made to stand the test of time, and we do not compromise on our high manufacturing standards. We boast your choice of framed or full-access frameless cabinets, and with a wide selection of cabinet doors, we have something for everyone.
We look forward to helping you get started on your kitchen design project and are here to provide support from start to finish. Find an authorized Wellborn Cabinet contractor close to you today.