A bathroom remodel is an expensive and stressful home improvement process. There are ways to create a restful and luxurious bathroom without breaking the bank. As a matter of fact, these tips will guide you to an affordable bathroom remodel and give you design ideas.
How Much Should A Bathroom Remodel Cost?
A typical bathroom remodel can contain anywhere from under $1,000 to up to $5,000 worth of cabinetry. As the saying goes, “the sky’s the limit” when you are redoing your bathroom. To eliminate high costs in a bathroom remodel, you look at these main things: materials and labor, the size of your bathroom, and the scope of the remodel. A small bathroom, under 36 square feet, may cost under $1,000 to remodel; while a larger bathroom , typically over 40 square feet, may be more expensive.
The National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) has a Bathroom Planning Guide Handbook which can provide good planning practices that consider the needs of users, including lifestyle and design trends.
What adds value to a bathroom?
When remodeling a bathroom it is important to consider the improvement which can add monetary and non-monetary value to your home. Items which can increase the monetary value of the remodel include replacing the shower/bath, adding a low flow toilet, or adding new tile and countertops. Not commonly considered is the value new cabinetry adds to a bathroom. When adding new cabinetry it indicates that your bathroom’s floor plan is updated. Adding this also gives you increased storage. A bathroom with tins of storage might not increase the monetary value, but when reselling bathroom storage is something new homeowners greatly consider.
Can I remodel my bathroom myself?
When you are remodeling a bathroom, think about what you can do yourself and what you should leave to a professional contractor. Painting and installing new fixtures are things you can do. When it comes to installing new cabinetry, Wellborn Cabinet recommends using the help of one of our Authorized Contractors. Authorized Contractors are experienced and knowledgeable in Wellborn’s cabinetry.
Here are some money saving tips for planning a bathroom remodel:
- Skip the interior designers and use tools like Houzz or Pinterest for inspiration instead to get remodeling ideas.
- Spend on what’s going to provide the most value. This includes vanities that will transform your space and powder room cabinets that will increase storage.
- Avoid moving plumbing fixtures as this can greatly increase labor costs.
- Refinish soaking tubs, showers, and ceramic tile instead of replacing them
- Save on installation costs by installing your fixtures.
- Install wainscot to help cover up existing holes in the wall.
- Paint! It immediately freshens the look of a bathroom and you can save on labor by doing it yourself.
- Ask for free estimates. If you do need a general contractor to do some of the work, most should provide quotes for free.
- Consider reusing materials or buy used materials, if you can find them.
- If your vanity or bathroom cabinets are in good shape, you can refresh them by refinishing them and adding new hardware.
Check Out These Ideas For Inspiration
This bathroom remodel is joining a dark stained Melrose cabinet with light colored flooring and countertops. These contrasting colors combined create a luxurious design style.
This bathroom has dark stained Millbrook Square cabinet with gray colored flooring and countertops. This spa-like design style was easily made with these contrasting colors.
Using custom painted Antigua cabinetry with white tile flooring and adding lighting creates a Hollywood glam design style.
Drift stained Millbrook Square cabinetry with white tile flooring and an open floor plan creates a very traditional design style.
An affordable modern bathroom remodel was done by using a Matte Stone designer laminate Midtown door style with contemporary tile flooring and a void toe kick option. In using these design choices and space saving toe kick feature, a modern contemporary design style was created.
Wellborn Cabinet offers a complete gallery selection of bathroom cabinets and suites. If you are ready to update your bathroom, find a dealer in your area.
[…] affordable bathroom remodel is possible for most renovation jobs. Check out our recent article on accomplishing an affordable […]
Organizing is very underrated, you need good storage options for your closet, kitchen, and bathroom as well.
It will keep everything organized and you won’t have to search for things when you need them.